All-Party Parliamentary Group for Food and Drink
Welcome to the website of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Food and Drink Manufacturing.
Food and drink manufacturing is the UK's largest manufacturing sector, and makes
a significant contribution to the British economy. Not only does it add almost
as much to the economy as the automotive and aerospace sectors combined, but
employs 400,000 people, and generates more than £12 billion in exports, funds
billions in research, development and innovation.
The group's broad remit is to consider the issues that affect the food and drink
manufacturing industry and raise awareness of these in Parliament.
In doing this we hope to:
- provide a forum for debate and dialogue about issues related to food and drink
- ensure Parliamentarians continue to be informed about the issues impacting the
- promote the UK food and drink manufacturing sector's interests in Parliament.
More specifically the Group will:
- act as a critical friend to the UK food and drink manufacturing industry by
supporting the important dialogue between Parliamentarians and the industry ,
raising issues that APPG members believe industry should address,
- provide a point of reference for Parliamentarians on any aspect food and drink
- develop productive working relationships with other relevant All-Party
Parliamentary Groups, and
- encourage the Government to take a proportionate, evidence-based and consistent
approach to policy and regulation that impacts the industry.
APPG Members Hear Evidence for the Group's Investigation into the Proposed Soft
APPG Members Visit Mars Chocolate Factory
Forthcoming APPG Meetings
12th October – Roundtable to explore the priorities of the UK food and drink
industry in the UK-EU negotiations